What Does Xavier Imply?
Xavier is a reputation of Arabic origin which means “new home” and “vivid.” Saint Francis Xavier was given this identify to honor the Spanish-Basque village the place he got here from. This village was referred to as Javier stemming from the phrase etxeberria, which additionally means “new home.”
Xavier is a well-liked alternative within the U.S., one of many few widespread names that start with an X. It is a versatile, well-known (but not overly used) identify and it is most frequently given to boys.
Within the U.S., Xavier is pronounced as if it begins with a Z, like Zavier. Whereas historically, the identify is pronounced as if it begins with an H, extra like HAH-vee-yay.
- Origin: The identify Xavier is of Arabic origins which means “new home” and “vivid.”
- Gender: Xavier is often given as a boy’s identify.
- Pronunciation: ZAY-vee-yer
Though many child names are separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that intercourse doesn’t have to play a job in your identify choice course of. It’s vital to pick a reputation that you simply really feel fits your new child the most effective.
How Common is the Identify Xavier?
In 1948, the identify Xavier arrived within the 890th spot on the highest 1,000 boy names’ chart. It remained within the high 1,000, making a gradual climb in recognition till 2000 when it hit the highest 100 child names, at 94th place. Since then, Xavier has continued to rise and fall inside the high 100 names. Its peak years for recognition have been 2007 and 2009 when it sat at 68th place.
Variants of the identify Xavier embrace:
- Javier (Spanish)
- Xabier (Spanish)
- Xzavier (American)
- Zavier (American)
Different names to contemplate for many who like Xavier:
Try these different Arabic names:
Listed here are another names that begin with X:
Recommended Sibling Names
Potential sibling names for Xavier could possibly be:
Well-known Individuals Named Xavier
Here’s a record of well-known individuals with the identify Xavier:
- Xavier Adibi, an American NFL participant
- Xavier Abraham, a Spanish poet
- Xavier Abril, a Peruvian poet
- Xavier Baez, a Mexican footballer
- Xavier Becerra, an American Democrat
- Xavier Beitia, an American soccer participant
- Xavier Bertoni, a French freestyle skier
- Xavier Blum Pinto, an Ecuadorian artist
- Xavier Cortada, a Cuban-American painter
- Xavier Davis, an American jazz pianist
- Xavier Dolan, a Canadian actor and filmmaker
- Xavier Rudd, an Australian musician
- Xavier Samuel, an Australian actor
Nonetheless looking for the right child identify? Try these associated child identify lists for much more choices:
Social Safety Administration. Common child names.
Thanks on your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?