What Does Theodore Imply?
Should you’re in search of an everlasting title with roots going again to historical occasions, then Theodore is likely to be it. The title Theodore is of Greek origin which means “present of God” or “divine present.” The unique Greek title Theodoros is a compound of theos (God) and doron (present).
It was a comparatively prevalent title within the Center Ages due to its favorable which means. Within the centuries earlier than Christ, notable inventors, mathematicians, philosophers, and rulers have been named Theodore.
Although not a Biblical title, Theodore grew to become widespread amongst early Christians of the Jap Orthodox Church. Within the seventeenth century, the title Theodore dropped in standing amongst English Puritans attributable to its affiliation with Roman Catholicism.
- Origin: The title Theodore is of Greek origin which means “present of God”
- Gender: Theodore is mostly used as a boy title
- Pronunciation: thee-uh-dor
Though child names are separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that intercourse doesn’t have to play a job in your title choice course of. It is essential to pick a reputation that you simply really feel fits your new child the very best.
How Fashionable is the Title Theodore?
Theodore has been a well-liked title since historical Greek occasions attributable to its auspicious which means. Many early church saints and two Roman Catholic popes bore the title of Theodore. The title endured all through historical past and by no means misplaced its luster.
The title Theodore entered the Social Safety Administration’s checklist of high 1,000 names for child boys in 1900 as No. 61, the 12 months information was first made accessible. It remained within the high 100 till 1945. After that time, Theodore began to lower in reputation however by no means acquired near dropping off the checklist. The title Theodore dipped right down to its lowest rating in 1999 as No. 314.
Nevertheless, it made a fast turnaround and within the final ten years, has shot again up the checklist. Theodore was ranked as No. 23 in 2020, the preferred it has ever been since its debut on the checklist.
One of many causes for the rise in reputation of the title Theodore in the US in the course of the early a part of the century is attributed to Theodore Roosevelt, the twenty sixth President. He was also referred to as the originator of the “teddy bear.” The story goes that whereas on a searching journey, President Roosevelt refused to shoot a bear tied up as his kill. The newspapers reported the incident with a caricature of the bear drawn as small and cute. The drawing was quickly made right into a stuffed toy and named “Teddy’s bear.”
In current occasions, the recognition of Theodore follows the rising affinity for classic names from one other period. Mother and father are selecting names from a grandparents’ era and making them new once more.
The next are variations of the title Theodore:
- Teodor (Czech)
- Theodor (Danish)
- Theodoor (Dutch)
- Theodorus (Latin)
- Teodoro (Portuguese)
- Fyodor (Russian)
Related sounding names to Theodore:
Different Greek boy names:
Different boy names that begin with T:
Steered Sibling Names
Searching for a sibling title for Theodore? Listed here are some widespread choices:
Well-known Individuals Named Theodore
With such a protracted historical past, the title Theodore has ties to each extremely regarded historic figures and disreputable ones as effectively. Certainly one of fashionable America’s most infamous criminals was named Theodore “Ted” Bundy. However, considered one of America’s most well-known youngsters’s guide authors, who wrote underneath the pen title of Dr. Seuss, was additionally named Theodore.
- Theodor Seuss Geisel, youngsters’s writer, political cartoonist, illustrator, poet, animator, and filmmaker
- Theodore “Ted” Nugent, American musician, songwriter, guitarist and activist
- Theodore “Teddy” Pendergrass, Grammy Award-nominated American singer
- Theodore “Teddy” Wilson, American jazz pianist
- Théodore Géricault, French Romantic painter
- Theodore Huebner Roethke, American poet thought to be one of the crucial influential poets of his era
- Theodore of Tarsus, Archbishop of Canterbury throughout 668-690
- Theodore Prodromos, Byzantine Greek author and poet
- Theodore Roosevelt, twenty sixth President of the US
- Theodore Sturgeon, American fiction writer of primarily fantasy, science fiction and horror
- Theodore “Theo” Huxtable, a personality who appeared within the American sitcom “The Cosby Present”
- Theodore Evelyn Mosby, a personality and the protagonist within the American sitcom “How I Met Your Mom”
- Theodore “T-Bag” Bagwell, character from the American tv sequence “Jail Break”
- Theodore Seville, one of many three principal protagonists of the animated cartoon franchise “Alvin and the Chipmunks”
- Theodore Boone, character within the younger “Theodore Boone Thriller” Collection from internationally bestselling writer John Grisham
Extra Child Names
Nonetheless looking for the right child title? Try these associated child title lists for much more choices:
Social Safety Administration. Recognition of title Theodore.
Thanks on your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?