What Does Rachel Imply?
The identify Rachel brings to thoughts many trendy references—particularly Jennifer Aniston’s iconic character “Rachel” from the TV sequence, “Buddies.” Whereas that character in all probability had an awesome affect on the recognition of the identify, it has older origins.
In actual fact, the identify “Rachel” has an extended historical past. Within the Bible, Rachel was the spouse of Jacob and the mom of Joseph and Benjamin. They grew to become two of the twelve tribes of Israel.
The identify Rachel is of Hebrew origin and is derived from the Hebrew phrase rāchēl, that means “ewe.”
- Origin: Rachel is a Hebrew identify that means “ewe.”
- Gender: Rachel is usually used as a woman identify
- Pronunciation: ra-chel
Though many child names are separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that intercourse doesn’t must play a job in your identify choice course of. It’s vital to pick out a reputation that you just really feel fits your new child one of the best.
How Fashionable Is the Identify Rachel?
The identify Rachel has been widespread for over 100 years, in line with the Social Safety Administration 2020 knowledge. In 1900 it entered the High 200 child names at No.153. Since then, the identify has been holding rank within the High 200. IN 1968, it pushed by into the High 100 at No. 92.
Between the mid-Nineteen Eighties and all through the Nineties, the identify maintained a place within the High 20 and reached its peak reputation in 1996 at No. 9
Within the final 20 years, although, the identify has fallen in rank, although it has nonetheless been featured within the High 200 names till 2019. In 2020, the identify ranked at No 227.
The next are the variations of the identify Rachel:
- Raakel (Finnish)
- Rachael (English)
- Racheal (English)
- Rachele (Italian)
- Rachelle (English)
- Rahel (Biblical Latin)
- Ráhel (Hungarian)
- Rahela (Croatian)
- Rahela (Romanian, Serbian)
- Ráichéal (Irish)
- Rakel (Danish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish)
- Raquel (Portuguese, Spanish)
- Raschelle (English)
- Rhachel (Biblical Greek)
- Richelle (English)
- Rochel (Yiddish)
Comparable sounding names to Rachel:
Different Hebrew names:
Different names beginning with R:
Widespread nicknames for Rachel embrace:
Instructed Sibling Names
In search of a sibling identify for Rachel? Listed below are some widespread choices:
Well-known Individuals Named Rachel
Some notable individuals who share the identify Rachel are:
- Rachel Bilson, an American actress
- Rachel Carson, an American environmentalist, activist, marine biologist, and writer
- Rachel Maddow, a Grammy-award-winning American political commentator and tv information program host
- Rachel McAdams, a Canadian actress
- Rachel Weisz, an award-winning British actress
- Rachel Zoe, an American dressmaker
Well-known Rachaels embrace:
- Rachael Cook dinner, an American actress, and mannequin
- Rachael Flatt, an American aggressive determine skater
- Rachael Worth, an Australian-born American jazz and blues singer
- Rachael Ray, an American celeb cook dinner, and writer
- Rachael Stirling, an English stage, movie, and tv actress
- Rachael Taylor, an Australian actress
Hanks P, Hardcastle Ok, Hodges F. A Dictionary of First Names. Oxford College Press; 2016.
Social Safety Administration. Fashionable Child Names.
Thanks in your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?