What Does Mason Imply?
Are you on the lookout for a standard, masculine title that has elevated in reputation in current many years? Think about using the title Mason.
Mason was initially an English phrase that means a tradesman or artisan who works in stone. It turned a household title indicating somebody labored on this career and later was used as a given title.
- Origin: The phrase mason (“stone-worker”) is derived from the Outdated French “masson.” It was used as a surname after which as a given title.
- Gender: Though Mason is historically a masculine title, in current many years it has been used for each girls and boys.
- Pronunciation: MAY-son
Though child names are sometimes separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that intercourse doesn’t must play a job in your title choice course of. It’s necessary to pick the title that you simply really feel is finest suited on your new child.
How Widespread Is the Identify Mason?
The title Mason started rising in reputation within the Eighties, and it has been one of many high 100 boy names within the U.S. since 1997. It broke into the highest 50 for the primary time in 2005 and saved rising, reaching its peak at No. 2 in 2011 and 2012. Mason remained one of many high 10 boy names in America till 2019. In 2020 Mason ranked No. 11 for boys’ names within the U.S.
Though the title Mason is often used as a masculine title, it may possibly definitely be used nevertheless you see match.
Although “Mason” is the normal English spelling, variant spellings corresponding to Macen, Maison, Masen, and Mayson are typically seen.
Different names derived from occupational surnames:
Different boy names beginning with M:
Urged Sibling Names
Well-known Folks Named Mason
There have been various notable individuals named Mason. These embrace:
- Mason Adams, American actor identified for his roles in early radio and on the TV collection “Lou Grant”
- Mason Aguirre, American snowboarder who competed within the 2006 Winter Olympics
- Mason Bates, Grammy Award-winning American composer of symphonic music
- Mason Chamberlin, English portrait painter who was a founding member of the Royal Academy of Arts
- Mason Cole, American soccer participant who performs for the Minnesota Vikings
- Mason Crosby, American soccer participant who performs for the Inexperienced Bay Packers
- Mason Daring, American musician who composed the scores for such movies as “Lone Star,” “The Reverse of Intercourse,” and “The place the Coronary heart Is”
- Mason Durell Betha, American rapper identified professionally as “Mase”
- Mason Gaffney, American economist identified for his criticism of neoclassical economics
- Mason Gamble, American little one actor who performed the title function within the 1993 movie “Dennis the Menace”
- Mason Welch Gross, American TV quiz present persona and tutorial who served as President of Rutgers College
- Mason Hammond, American educator and scholar generally known as a outstanding skilled on Latin and the historical past of Rome
- Mason Jennings, American folk-pop singer-songwriter
- Mason Mastroianni, American comedian artist who took over the “B.C.” and “Wizard of Id” comedian strips created by his grandfather, Johnny Hart
- Mason Musso, American singer-songwriter and musician who’s the lead singer for the pop-rock band Metro Station
- Mason Patrick, U.S. Military basic who was the primary Chief of the Military Air Corps
- Mason Phelps, American golfer who competed within the 1904 Summer season Olympics
- Mason Rudolph, American skilled golfer who gained 5 occasions on the PGA Tour
- Brett Mason Rudolph III, American soccer participant who’s quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Mason Schreck, American soccer participant for the Cincinnati Bengals
- Mason Shefa, American avant-garde filmmaker and music composer
- Mason S. Stone, American educator who served because the Lieutenant Governor of Vermont
- Mason Tobin, American baseball participant who pitched for the Texas Rangers
- Mason Unck, American soccer participant who was a linebacker for the Cleveland Browns
- Mason Williams, American musician and comedy author, finest identified for his 1968 instrumental “Classical Fuel” and as a author for “The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour” and “Saturday Evening Dwell”
Extra Child Names
Nonetheless looking for the proper child title? Take a look at these associated child title lists for much more choices:
Social Safety Administration. Widespread child names.
Thanks on your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?