What Does the Title Luna Imply?
The identify Luna means “moon” in Latin and in a number of languages with Latin roots, together with Spanish and Italian. In historic Roman mythology, Luna was the moon goddess. Additionally known as Diana, she is commonly depicted in Roman artwork driving a white chariot drawn by horses or oxen.
The traditional Romans tailored the their moon Goddess from that of the traditional Greeks, Selena. Her attributes are a crescent moon and a biga, the chariot she drives. It was stated that every night time at nightfall, she shot an arrow stuffed with stars throughout the night time sky.
- Origin: The identify Luna originates in Roman Mythology and has Latin roots.
- Gender: Luna is steadily used as a woman’s identify, being a female noun in each Spanish and Italian. Luna is the identify of a feminine goddess, making it extra prone to be a namesake for little women. Though it’s much less frequent, Luna has been used a boy’s identify as nicely.
- Pronunciation: LOO-nuh
Though many child names are separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that gender doesn’t must play a job in your identify choice course of. It’s necessary to pick a reputation that you just really feel fits your new child the perfect.
How Well-liked Is the Title Luna?
The identify Luna has been steadily rising in recognition because it appeared on the charts in 2003. In 2016 it reached the highest 100 names and it broke the highest 20 in 2019 when it peaked at place 16. With celestial names, nature-inspired names, and mythological references on the rise, it is prone to keep frequent over the approaching years.
Curiously, Luna was a high 1,000 identify since 1900 earlier than almost dropping off the charts within the following decade. In 1922, it fell off the charts and didn’t seem once more till its resurgence in 2003.
Luna has a number of variations, none of which evaluate with its recognition. Lunette means “little moon” in French, as does Lunetta in Italian. Variations of Luna embrace:
Luna will not be the one identify which means moon. If you wish to identify your baby after our planet’s trustworthy satellite tv for pc, you’ve many different selections.
Check out these names that imply moon:
Possibly you simply love how the identify Luna sounds. The 2 syllables of Luna drop off the tongue in a easy however oh-so-pretty moniker. Mixing up the vowel sounds between the preliminary consonant sounds yields the same impression.
Some choices for names much like Luna embrace:
Luna is already a brief and candy identify, however there a number of lovely nicknames to select from. Widespread nicknames for Luna embrace:
Steered Sibling Names
Luna pairs nicely with different celestial and nature-inspired names. Think about sibling names comparable to:
Well-known Individuals Named Luna
Luna is mostly used as a woman’s identify, however curiously, probably the most well-known folks named Luna was a person, Luna Leopold, identified for his name for a brand new philosophy of water administration.
Well-known folks named Luna embrace:
- Luna Leopold, American geomorphologist, hydrologist, writer, and professor identified for his holistic method to water administration.
- Luna Haruna, Japanese singer and trend mannequin from Tokyo identified for her gothic-Lolita trend aesthetic
- Luna Maya, Indonesian mannequin, actress, and singer, and 2020 host of Indonesia’s “Subsequent High Mannequin“
- Luna Mágica, Mexican feminine skilled wrestler
- Luna Al-Masri, Jordanian footballer
- Luna Alcalay, Austrian pianist, music educator, and composer
- Luna Gevitz, Danish footballer
- Luna H. Mitani, Japanese-American artist identified for his portray and pen-and-ink drawing
- Luna Schweiger, German baby actress
- Luna Voce, Dutch-Italian mannequin and wonder pageant titleholder and topped Miss Universo Italia 2013
- Luna Mijović, Bosnian actress
Extra Child Names
Nonetheless looking for the right child identify? Take a look at these associated child identify lists for much more choices:
Social Safety Administration. Prepare for child: Reputation of a reputation.
Thanks to your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?