What Does the Identify Luna Imply?
The identify Luna means “moon” in Latin and in a number of languages with Latin roots, together with Spanish and Italian. In historic Roman mythology, Luna was the moon goddess. Additionally known as Diana, she is commonly depicted in Roman artwork driving a white chariot drawn by horses or oxen.
The traditional Romans tailored the their moon Goddess from that of the traditional Greeks, Selena. Her attributes are a crescent moon and a biga, the chariot she drives. It was mentioned that every night time at nightfall, she shot an arrow stuffed with stars throughout the night time sky.
- Origin: The identify Luna originates in Roman Mythology and has Latin roots.
- Gender: Luna is regularly used as a woman’s identify, being a female noun in each Spanish and Italian. Luna is the identify of a feminine goddess, making it extra prone to be a namesake for little women. Though it’s much less widespread, Luna has been used a boy’s identify as nicely.
- Pronunciation: LOO-nuh
Though many child names are separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that gender doesn’t have to play a job in your identify choice course of. It’s essential to pick a reputation that you simply really feel fits your new child the very best.
How Common Is the Identify Luna?
The identify Luna has been steadily rising in reputation because it appeared on the charts in 2003. In 2016 it reached the highest 100 names and it broke the highest 20 in 2019 when it peaked at place 16. With celestial names, nature-inspired names, and mythological references on the rise, it is prone to keep widespread over the approaching years.
Apparently, Luna was a prime 1,000 identify since 1900 earlier than practically dropping off the charts within the following decade. In 1922, it fell off the charts and didn’t seem once more till its resurgence in 2003.
Luna has a number of variations, none of which examine with its reputation. Lunette means “little moon” in French, as does Lunetta in Italian. Variations of Luna embody:
Luna shouldn’t be the one identify meaning moon. If you wish to identify your little one after our planet’s trustworthy satellite tv for pc, you’ve gotten many different decisions.
Check out these names that imply moon:
Perhaps you simply love how the identify Luna sounds. The 2 syllables of Luna drop off the tongue in a easy however oh-so-pretty moniker. Mixing up the vowel sounds between the preliminary consonant sounds yields the same impression.
Some choices for names just like Luna embody:
Luna is already a brief and candy identify, however there a number of lovely nicknames to select from. Widespread nicknames for Luna embody:
Steered Sibling Names
Luna pairs nicely with different celestial and nature-inspired names. Take into account sibling names corresponding to:
Well-known Individuals Named Luna
Luna is mostly used as a woman’s identify, however curiously, some of the well-known folks named Luna was a person, Luna Leopold, identified for his name for a brand new philosophy of water administration.
Well-known folks named Luna embody:
- Luna Leopold, American geomorphologist, hydrologist, writer, and professor identified for his holistic strategy to water administration.
- Luna Haruna, Japanese singer and style mannequin from Tokyo identified for her gothic-Lolita style aesthetic
- Luna Maya, Indonesian mannequin, actress, and singer, and 2020 host of Indonesia’s “Subsequent High Mannequin“
- Luna Mágica, Mexican feminine skilled wrestler
- Luna Al-Masri, Jordanian footballer
- Luna Alcalay, Austrian pianist, music educator, and composer
- Luna Gevitz, Danish footballer
- Luna H. Mitani, Japanese-American artist identified for his portray and pen-and-ink drawing
- Luna Schweiger, German little one actress
- Luna Voce, Dutch-Italian mannequin and sweetness pageant titleholder and topped Miss Universo Italia 2013
- Luna Mijović, Bosnian actress
Extra Child Names
Nonetheless looking for the right child identify? Take a look at these associated child identify lists for much more choices:
Social Safety Administration. Prepare for child: Recognition of a reputation.
Thanks to your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?