What Does Luca Imply?
Luca is derived from the Latin title, Lucas, that means “bringer of sunshine.” Some individuals additionally imagine the title could also be derived from the Latin phrase, “lucus” which implies “sacred wooden.” In Italy, the title is assumed to imply “man from Luciana,” a reference to an historical district in southern Italy. The biblical determine, Luke, has additionally made Luca a preferred Christian title.
- Origin: Luca is assumed to have Latin and Italian origins.
- Gender: The title Luca is predominantly given to boys, however it may be given to youngsters of any gender. In Hungary, the title Luca is a predominantly feminine title, though it’s pronounced otherwise.
- Pronunciation: Lavatory-ka
Though many child names are separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that intercourse doesn’t must play a task in your title choice course of. It’s vital to pick out a reputation that you just really feel fits your new child the very best.
How Widespread is the Title Luca?
The title Luca started to garner essentially the most reputation within the early 2000s. On the flip of the century, 297 infants got the title Luca, In accordance with information from the Social Safety Administration, 4,785 boys got the title Luca in 2020. It’s the 67th commonest title for boys in the US. That is the height of its reputation to date.
Whereas the title Luca has Latin and Italian origins, there are variations from different cultures chances are you’ll wish to contemplate.
- Lluc (Catalan)
- Luc (Welsh)
- Louka (French)
- Loukas (Greek)
- Lucas (Latin)
- Lukas (Danish)
- Łukasz (Polish)
- Luke (Biblical)
- Luuk (Dutch)
In the event you just like the title Luca, contemplate these comparable names:
Steered Sibling Names
In case you are contemplating naming your child Luca, listed here are a couple of complimentary sibling names:
Well-known Folks Named Luca
In case you are questioning who else would possibly share a reputation together with your child, listed here are a few of the most well-known individuals named Luca:
- Luca Badoer, Italian racecar driver
- Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, Italian businessman and former chairman of Ferrari
- Luca della Robbia, Italian sculptor
- Luca Ekler, Hungarian athlete (100-meter sprint, 200-meter sprint, and lengthy soar)
- Luca Garza, American basketball participant
- Luca Guadagnino, Italian film director
- Luca Homonnai, Hungarian athlete (dash canoeing)
- Luca Ivankovic, Croatian basketball participant
- Luca Kozák, Hungarian athlete (dash hurdles)
- Luca Prodan, Italian musician
- Luca Sardelis, Australian actress
- Luca Toni, Italian soccer participant
- Luca Zidane, French soccer participant
- Saint Luke, the patron saint of artists, college students, physicians, and surgeons
Extra Child Names
Nonetheless trying to find the proper child title? Take a look at these associated child title lists for much more choices:
Social Safety Administration. Recognition of the title.
Thanks in your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?