What Does Logan Imply?
Logan is a Scottish identify that comes from the Gaelic phrase “lagan” or “lag,” which suggests “hole” (though the identify itself means “little hole”). It was initially a surname in Scotland however ultimately started for use as a primary identify as properly.
Logan stays fairly in style in the UK, however it crossed the pond, so to talk, within the Nineteen Seventies, gaining curiosity amongst American dad and mom. Though the identify Logan is usually related to boys relatively than ladies, it has taken on a extra gender-neutral aspect within the final couple of a long time.
- Origin: Logan is a Scottish identify that means “little hole.”
- Gender: Logan is historically used as a boy identify, though it’s not exceptional for contemporary dad and mom to decide on the identify for his or her daughter as properly.
- Pronunciation: LOH-guhn
Though many child names are separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that intercourse doesn’t have to play a task in your identify choice course of. It’s essential to pick a reputation that you just really feel fits your new child one of the best.
How Common Is the Title Logan?
Logan wasn’t on the radar of most U.S. dad and mom till the center of the ’70s when it began making big leaps and bounds throughout the Social Safety Administration’s child identify rankings. It jumped from No. 782 to No. 370 in boys’ names in simply 4 quick years (1976 to 1979) however didn’t crack the highest 100 till 1991.
Its reputation steadily elevated from there, getting into the highest 20 names in 2006 and reaching its peak in 2017 at No. 5. Though its streak has slowed a bit, it’s nonetheless within the prime 20. In 2020, it was No. 16 for boys’ names.
On the feminine facet, Logan picked up steam in the midst of the ’90s, coming in at No. 257 in 1996. It hasn’t been that in style for women since then, though it got here shut in 2017 with a placement at No. 292.
Logan doesn’t have many variations in different languages or translations, however it does have a number of various spellings chances are you’ll wish to take into account:
Different Gaelic boy names embody:
Different boy names beginning with L:
Advised Sibling Names
Want concepts for what to name Logan’s siblings? Listed below are some strategies:
Well-known Folks Named Logan
As a lot as we love the identify Logan, its newer reputation within the U.S. hasn’t lent itself to a protracted historical past of well-known folks with the identify. Nonetheless, there are a number of well-known Logans, together with a fictional Logan that’s well-known and beloved by followers of a sure comedian e book collection! Well-known Logans embody:
- Logan Inexperienced, CEO of ride-share firm Lyft
- Logan Lerman, American actor finest identified for the “Percy Jackson” movies
- Logan Marshall-Inexperienced, American actor
- Logan Paul, social media persona
- Logan, Wolverine’s alias within the “X-Males” comedian books and movies
- Logan 3, the primary character within the in style 1967 novel “Logan’s Run”
- Logan Echolls, a personality within the 2004 TV collection “Veronica Mars”
- Logan Mitchell, a personality within the 2009 Nickelodeon TV collection “Massive Time Rush”
Extra Child Names
Nonetheless trying to find the proper child identify? Take a look at these associated child identify lists for much more choices:
Social Safety Administration. Reputation of Title.
Thanks on your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?