What Does Leah Imply?
Leah is a biblical title of Hebrew origin meaning delicate or weary.
Within the Bible, Leah is the daughter of Laban and the sister of Rachel. She was married to the biblical patriarch Jacob, however he favored her sister as a substitute. Leah beloved Jacob although, and since she was unable to conceive, she prayed about her state of affairs. God had compassion on her and allowed her to change into pregnant.
- Origin: The title Leah comes from the Hebrew phrase la’ah, which implies weary. It’s discovered within the Previous Testomony of the Bible, notably within the guide of Genesis.
- Gender: Leah is mostly used as a lady title.
- Pronunciation: L-EE-uh or L-AY-uh
Though child names are separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that intercourse doesn’t must play a task in your title choice course of. It is essential to pick a reputation that you just really feel fits your new child the very best.
How In style is the Identify Leah?
Leah first seems within the Social Safety Administration high 1,000 record of names for child women as No. 252 in 1900. It has remained on the record for the final 120 years with out ever dropping off. The bottom the title has been ranked was as No. 431 in 1946.
After that, the title Leah has steadily gotten extra well-liked, rising about 100 spots each decade. The title peaked in 2010 as No. 24. Though an everlasting and basic title, its upward trajectory is probably going over. Since Leah’s peak, it has dropped considerably in reputation and continues to take action with every passing yr. The newest information from 2020 exhibits it ranked as No. 45.
The fictional Princess Leia from the “Star Wars” film franchise, which first got here out within the late Seventies, little doubt introduced consideration to it as a given title.
As it’s a biblical title, Leah has an equal in lots of languages. The next are variations of the title Leah:
- Lea (Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, German, Norwegian, Slovene, Swedish, Polish)
- Léa (French)
- Leia (Greek)
- Lėja (Lithuanian)
- Lia (Italian, Portuguese, Romanian)
- Liia (Estonian)
- Lija (Latvian)
Related sounding names to Leah:
Different biblical names:
Different names that begin with L:
Instructed Sibling Names
Searching for a sibling title for Leah? Listed below are some well-liked choices:
Well-known Individuals Named Leah
Leah has been an everlasting title during the last century in the USA, with roots that attain again to biblical occasions. There’s even a statue named Leah created by Michelangelo, thought-about one of the good artists of the Italian Renaissance.
Michelangelo produced the Leah statue together with the statue of Rachel in 1542-1545 to adorn the tomb of Julius II. The Leah statue is constructed solely from marble and more likely to have symbolized the facility of labor in main a worthy life.
- LEAH, a Canadian heavy metallic musician
- Leah Chase, an American chef, writer, and tv character
- Leah McSweeney, an American dressmaker and tv character
- Leah Remini, an American actress
- Lea Salonga, a Tony Award-winning Filipina singer and actress
- Lea Thompson, an American actress
- Queen Leah, the mom of Princess Aurora in Disney’s 1950 animated movie “Sleeping Magnificence”
- Leia Organa (Princess Leia), thought-about one of many galaxy’s nice heroes within the “Star Wars” saga who devoted her life to the restoration of democracy
- Leah Brahms, scientist of the twenty fourth century United Federation of Planets thought-about a pacesetter in warp subject remedy within the TV collection “Star Trek: The Subsequent Era”
- Leah Shaw, predominant character and survivor of an apocalyptic outbreak in well-liked TV collection “The Strolling Lifeless”
- Leah Burke, greatest good friend of the primary protagonist within the novels “Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda” and the film “Love, Simon”
Extra Child Names
Nonetheless trying to find the right child title? Try these associated child title lists for much more choices:
Thanks in your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?