What Does Jonathan Imply?
Should you’re searching for a powerful biblical identify, then right here is one.
Jonathan is a Hebrew identify that means “God has given.” It’s a shortened model of the identify Jehonathan or yehōnātān (Yahweh has given). Yahweh is the god of the Israelites, whose identify was revealed to Moses within the type of 4 Hebrew consonants.
The identify is derived from two Hebrew components; yeho referring to the Hebrew God and natan that means “to provide.”
The identify Jonathan additionally seems within the Previous Testomony, the place Jonathan was the oldest son of King Saul, and portrayed as a person of nice power.
- Origin: Jonathan is a Hebrew identify that means “God has given.”
- Gender: Jonathan is usually used as a boy’s identify
- Pronunciation: jo-na-than
Though many child names are separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that intercourse doesn’t must play a task in your identify choice course of. It’s essential to pick out a reputation that you simply really feel fits your new child the perfect.
How Well-liked Is the Identify Jonathan?
Jonathan is without doubt one of the hottest names with a powerful biblical connection. It additionally options in different languages all through the world.
The identify Jonathan has been on the U.S. recognition charts since 1880 when it appeared within the Prime 500 names. Across the Forties, the recognition of the identify began steadily rising all over the world, whereas it continued to function within the Prime 500 within the U.S.
By the Nineteen Fifties the identify began choosing up steam and by the early Nineteen Sixties, it was one of many Prime 100 names for boys. The Nineteen Seventies noticed the identify within the Prime 50 names and the Nineteen Eighties was when Jonathan was hottest. The truth is, the identify reached peak recognition in 1988, in line with the Social Safety Administration 2020 knowledge.
Jonathan has been named yearly within the Prime 50 names within the U.S. from 1970 to 2015. Since then, its recognition has dropped a bit, and it ranked at No. 70 in 2020.
The next are variations of the identify Jonathan:
- Gionata (Italian)
- Honatana (Maori)
- Ionakana (Hawaiian)
- Ionathan (Biblical Latin)
- Janathan (Hebrew)
- Jhonathan (Hebrew)
- Johnathan (English)
- Johnathon (English)
- Jonacani (Fijian)
- Jonasan (Japanese)
- Jonatan (Spanish, German, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian)
- Jônatas (Portuguese)
- Jonatha (Hebrew)
- Jonathas (French)
- Jonathon (English)
- Jonatyn (Hebrew))
- Yehonatan (Biblical Hebrew)
- Yonatan (Biblical Hebrew)
- Yonoson (Biblical Hebrew)
Names with related that means as Jonathan:
- Mathew (Reward of God)
- Nathaniel (God has given)
- Theodore (God’s reward)
Different biblical boy names:
Different boy names beginning with J:
Listed here are some frequent nicknames for the identify Jonathan:
Instructed Sibling Names
On the lookout for a sibling identify for Jonathan? Listed here are some common choices:
Well-known Individuals Named Jonathan
There are various notable individuals who embody the power and perseverance related to the identify Jonathan such because the TV present “Queer Eye” grooming skilled and activist Jonathan Van Ness, skilled basketball participant for the “Orlando Magic” Jonathan Judah Isaac, and Sir Jonathan Paul Ive who was the previous chief design officer at Apple.
- Jonathan Banks, American actor identified for his roles in “Airplane!,” “Beverly Hills Cop,” “Breaking Unhealthy,” and “Higher Name Saul.”
- Jonathan Franzen, American novelist and essayist identified for the critically acclaimed novel “The Corrections.”
- Jonathan H. Smith, higher identified by his stage identify Lil Jon, is an American rapper, songwriter, DJ, and file producer who received a Grammy Award for Greatest Rap/Sung Efficiency.
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Irish actor, mannequin, and musician identified for his position within the TV miniseries “Elvis” and historic drama “The Tudors.”
- Jonathan Swift, Anglo-Irish satirist, essayist, and poet identified for works reminiscent of “Gulliver’s Travels” and “A Modest Proposal.”
- Robert Jonathan Demme, acclaimed American movie director, producer, and screenwriter identified for successful the Academy Award for Greatest Director for “The Silence of the Lambs.”
- Jonathan Archer, Captain on the TV collection “Star Trek: Enterprise”
- Jonathan Bower, a personality on the ’80s sitcom “Who’s the Boss?”
- Jonathan Harker, a essential protagonist within the horror novel “Dracula”
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull, the title character in Richard Bach’s novella
- Jonathan Quayle Higgins III, a personality within the 1980–1988 comedy and crime tv collection, “Magnum, P.I.”
Social Safety Administration. Reputation of Identify.
Thanks on your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?