What Does Amara Imply?
If you happen to’re on the lookout for a reputation that’s rising in reputation, and comes from quite a lot of cultural sources, Amara is a reputation it’s best to take into account. The identify Amara is present in a number of languages and has completely different meanings in African, Indian, and European cultures.
In Italian, the phrase “amara” means “bitter.” Within the Igbo language, which is spoken in Nigeria and different elements of Africa, the identify means “grace.” And in Sanskrit, the language of historical India, Amara means “deathless” or “immortal.”
- Origin: The Italian phrase is derived from the Latin “amara” (“bitter”). The Igbo “amara” will be an adjective that means “gracious” or a noun that means “grace.” And The Sanskrit “amā́ra” comes from the prefix a- (“no/not”) and the basis mā́ra (“dying”).
- Gender: Amara can be utilized for each girls and boys. It’s extra generally used for women within the U.S., however in Igbo tradition, it’s not unusual for boys.
- Pronunciation: ah-MAH-rah
Though child names are sometimes separated by gender, Verywell Household believes that intercourse needn’t play any position in your identify choice course of. It’s essential to pick out the identify that you just really feel most accurately fits your new child.
How Well-liked Is the Identify Amara?
Although the identify Amara has lengthy been utilized in Asia and Africa, it has solely been fashionable in the USA for about 20 years. It first appeared among the many high 1,000 lady names within the U.S. in 2000, when it was ranked at No. 797. Since then, it has climbed considerably, breaking into the highest 500 in 2015. The 2020 statistics ranked Amara at No. 142 for women in America, suggesting it’s nonetheless on the rise.
Within the U.S., the identify Amara is usually used as a lady identify. However, it may be used any means you see match, as intercourse doesn’t must be part of your identify choice course of.
Extra lady names beginning with A:
Extra boy names beginning with A:
Extra names with Igbo roots:
Extra names with Sanskrit roots:
Urged Sibling Names
Well-known Folks Named Amara
The identify Amara has solely been generally utilized in the USA prior to now 20 years. In different cultures, nevertheless, it has been used for hundreds of years.
- Amara-siṃha, historical Indian grammarian and poet
- Amara Bangoura, Guinean diplomat and the present Ambassador of Guinea to Russia
- Amara Karba Bangoura, Guinean footballer (soccer)
- Amara Darboh, an American soccer participant who has performed for the Seattle Seahawks and Carolina Panthers
- Amara Essy, Ivorian diplomat who served as Chairman of the Fee of the African Union
- Amara Konaté, Ivorian footballer
- Amara M. Konneh, Liberian economist and growth professional who serves as Senior Advisor on Partnerships and Regional Integration for the World Financial institution
- Amara Traoré, Senegalese former skilled footballer
- Tuwuh Adijatitesih Amaranggana, identified professionally as Amara, Indonesian actress, mannequin, and singer
- Amara Asavananda, Thai actress and mannequin identified for her position within the 1967 movie “Kon Nuer Kon”
- Amara Karan, a British actress identified for her position within the movie “The Darjeeling Restricted”
- Amara La Negra, Afro-Latina singer and actress identified for showing on the fact TV program “Love & Hip Hop”
- Amara Miller, an American actress identified for her position within the movie “The Descendants”
- Amara Piyaseeli Ratnayake, Sri Lankan politician who served as governor of the North-Western Province
- Amara Sohn-Walker, American journalist and information anchor who was a bunch of CNN Worldwide’s “CNN At this time”
- Amara Tabor-Smith, American choreographer and performer identified for her work celebrating African American and ladies’s historical past
Extra Child Names
Nonetheless looking for the right child identify? Try these associated child identify lists for much more choices:
Social Safety Administration. Well-liked child names.
Thanks to your suggestions!
What’s your suggestions?