TASHKENT: Uzbekistan has stated that at the very least 18 youngsters within the nation have died after taking an India-manufactured cough syrup.
The well being ministry of Uzbekistan in an announcement stated that the kids who died had consumed cough syrup Doc-1 Max – manufactured by Noida-based Marion Biotech in India.
The laboratory checks of a batch of syrups discovered the presence of ethylene glycol, a poisonous substance, the ministry stated.
The syrup was given to youngsters at dwelling as an anti-cold treatment.
That is the second time in a 12 months that India-manufactured cough syrups have come beneath the scanner.
Earlier this 12 months, deaths of 70 youngsters in Gambia had been linked to cough syrups manufactured by Indian state Haryana-based Maiden Prescribed drugs.